When you go vegan, one of the challenges is learning a new way to shop for and prepare food. You may be under the impression that vegan food requires a lot of creative (read: time-consuming) cooking and a big budget. In reality, you can make many delicious, nutritious, and inexpensive vegan meals. In this blog, we will outline some inexpensive and simple vegan meals you can make.
- Toast with nut butter and bananas
- Toast with hummus and avocado
- Oatmeal with cinnamon and berries
- Smoothie with cashews, kale, almond milk, and bananas
- Quesadilla with black beans, hummus, avocados, and tomatoes
- Salad with quinoa, avocado, tomatoes, white beans, and spinach
- Lentil soup
- Falafel and pita bread
- Black bean burrito
- Chickpea veggie burgers on a bed of rice
- Tofu stir fry
- Seitan tacos on corn tortillas
- Vegan pesto on whole wheat pasta
- Vegetarian pho
- Carrots with hummus
- Plantain chips and salsa
- Badass Power Cookie!
What is great about the meals listed above is that you can make multiple meals out of the same ingredients, saving you money at the grocery store. Stock your pantry with lentils, chickpeas, black beans, and tofu, and you have easy, on-hand vegan protein whenever you need. Additionally, buying fresh, delicious produce should be a priority, but buying frozen fruits and vegetables is often an inexpensive way to have nutritious meals on hand.
When you are looking for a delicious vegan protein cookie, look no further than Badass Power Cookie. Our protein cookies are tasty, nutrient dense, and perfect for a vegan snack on the go.